Monday, March 10, 2008

Mara Update

She's home! We had quite the drama with our insurance about the home healthcare that she needs. Long story short: Grandma Evans is her home healthcare nurse. If she didn't have a grandma that was a NICU nurse she'd still be in the hospital. They placed the PICC line. People keep asking me about it so here's a better explanation. It is an IV that was placed in her arm it took THREE hours to get in! We had to try both feet, and both arms, but got it in on the last try! She was not happy about that, that's for sure. I had to leave the room because it was so sad to watch. Luckily she had her daddy who was tough enough to stay with her. Once they had the IV in, they thread a catheter up her arm and place it in one of the valves in her heart. That way the medication is delivered into a stronger place than a regular IV and will last much longer. So in the long run, the PICC line is a much better option because she ultimately gets poked a lot less. We still don't know the cause of her problems because all her blood work and urine cultures keep coming back negative. So tomorrow night we give her her last anit-biotic and can take out the PICC line. So pray that everything will be cleared up by then! I (Brittani) have a terrible cold and have to wear a mask to be around her, it's been kind of a bummer. But I'm sure it'll be over soon. She's still as cute as ever. I'll post more pictures soon. My computer is just really old and you can't load pictures so I have to go use another computer to do it. Right now my spare time is spent sleeping! Thanks for all your prayers!

2 comments:

Penn and Kass said...

I hope everything goes good! I just think she is so sweet!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Hey Britt! Keep hanging in there! She is sooooo beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!