Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ear Piercing Day!



This was the best picture I could get of her ears. Yes, we got them pierced. I think it's so darn cute! We (meaning Brett, my mom, and myself) went to the mall last Friday to do it. My mom was not into the idea, but she was willing to tag along. We get to the store and there is only one girl working, which means she'll have to pierce each ear seperately. The store front is glass so anyone walking by can see us. You would not even believe the looks I got as I was sitting on the chair holding my childs head to my chest as she was screaming! You would think people had never seen a baby get their ears pierced before! Wait, they probably haven't... Brett held her arms down while I held her head to my chest and my mom hid in the far corner of the store because she couldn't stand to watch it. What a wuss! Now, I've heard Mara scream. I mean really scream. She definately has a good set of lungs, listening to her scream during her immunizations, listening to her scream as the resperatory therapist stuck a tube down her nose...etc. This was NOTHING compared to any of those occasions. It was worse, much much MUCH worse. I actually ended up feeling a little bad about it. For how hard she screamed she sure got over it very quickly. She only cried for like five minutes. From the way she was screaming I was sure she was going to punish me for it all day long, but she didn't. Five minutes later she was smiling at me and talking up a storm!

She is so much more fun now. Of course I absolutely loved her when she was a little newborn, but this stage is just so fun. She smiles constantly, plays with toys, puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, and has started to giggle. I love seeing her little personality develop. She is already quite the diva. I told Sean that we can't wait too long to have another one because she will for sure be quite the stink butt if we wait too long! Spoiled as she is... Ah, I love her!

4 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

SAD!!! at least it was only a few minutes of crying, I think earrings on babies are so adorable & are so worth it! If I ever get a girl someday I wanna get their ears pierced asap! Mara is SO ADORABLE! I am happy she is at such a fun stage, it gets even better!

The Christensens said...

I am all for the ear piercing when they are babies! I got Ambers done when she was 3 months and i have never had a problem with then and she never pulled them out cause it was more like it was a part of her. I hear you on the screaming though she only did it for a couple minutes to then she was totally fine. So cute.

Harris Family said...

I love her little earrings! How cute is that? Don't you love how forgiving they are? By the way - awesome cake! I can't believe that pic was after the fall...good job!

Liz & Zac said...

So, so cute! My mom would be the same way. In fact, my mom STILL does not have her ears pierced, And i didn't get my until i was like 8.