Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Preparations

Wow, I'm behind on posting...I'll start off my endless blogging with what led up to Christmas!

My family always does the 12 days of Christmas for a family in our neighborhood. We don't do anything big, just a little "thought you'd like to know that someone was thinking of you". Anyways, for the last day we were going to make them a treat and decided to try something new. We got a cupcake cookbook and I decided I would try to make some of the things.





My Father-in-law collects Nutcrackers so I decided to make some for him! My mom's gift to my Mother-in-law was a pretty platter, so we decided that I could make cupcake nutcrackers to put on the platter! Perfect...right? Wrong. We obviously didn't think it through because we got all the stuff to make three nutcrackers not realizing how huge they were, so we ended up giftwrapping cardboard and putting the other two on those...sort of tacky, I know. They were actually really cute because my mom had way cute paper. Anyways, here is a picture!





I seriously love Christmas. Mostly because I love making things for other people. Anyways, these projects were so much fun that I've decided that for Mara's first birthday party it will be a cupcake theme. Stay tuned for that adventure!

1 comment:

Liz & Zac said...

You are seriously one of the most creative i know! Those treats are awesome. You have the cutest little family and im glad to hear you had a great Christmas!