
So lets look at the positive side of life. Mara's been sick, but so what? She'll eventually get better, right? So what positive thing has come from this you ask? Bye, Bye Binki!!! Since Mara's nose has been all stuffed up she hasn't been able to use her binki. It's been a whole month (maybe longer) that she has gone without it. So we are officially a binki free family. I've tossed them all and said my final goodbyes. We had some good times that binki and I. Screaming in the middle of the night? Super binki to the rescue! Deciding to "sing" during church? Super binki to the rescue! Just need some peace and quiet? Super binki to the rescue! I know what you're thinking, "if it's been so fabulous with a binki, why get rid of it?" My answer to that is this: I'm getting her off of bottles altogether by the time she's one and that's just two months away. I know it'll be even harder to wean her from her bottles when she still has a binki. So why not take advantage of this situation and get rid of it now? This way it's not a huge major pain to wean her from her binki too! This past month I've had a lot less heart attacks because I no longer get somewhere and have a panic attack because I forgot to bring the blasted thing! I have simplified my life, and I feel fantastic!
3 comments:
Way to go. I always thought the binkis needed to be gone by 1, but bottles too.....good for you!
Yay, no more bink. They boys had theirs way too long because it was so much easier to have it than not. I am still sad about not having it anymore, maybe because it means they are no longer babies. Your family picture is way cute by the way. I don't know if I have told you that. And good luck Sean on your new adventure. Someday it will be all done and it will have been so worth it.
Good Luck! I'm sure she'll do great!
Post a Comment