Monday, March 16, 2009

It's my Party I can cry if I want to!

Mara's birthday party was a hit! Despite the fact that I woke up with some terrible sickness and ran to the doctor. Thankfully they were open for a couple of hours! I left with a prescription for my double ear infections and sinus infection! Geez! Of course in good old Brittani style I hadn't bought the plates and cups yet so I got to run to the store after my appointment looking like crap I might add. Oh, the things we do for our children! Never in a million years would I have gone in public looking like that. I must love her or something! I was so excited about her party that I didn't even care about mine coming up a couple of days later. I'm really liking this mom thing.

We had some family over (so sad about the family that couldn't make it! Don't worry, there will be another awesome party in a year!) Thanks to everyone who were able to come and make it special! I know Mara totally doesn't get it, but she will one day when she sees the pictures.

She started off the day by climbing her "mountain" of presents. That is by far her favorite thing to do lately. Climb. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I'll get over it!


Before the guests arrived she could be found doing her other favorite thing. Playing the piano.


Once all of the guests arrived it was time for presents! She didn't understand why she couldn't stop and play with each gift before moving on to the next. Everytime Sean laid a present back down to pick up another one she was one mad girl! But as soon as she was unwrapping the next one she had forgotten all about it.





We played with the presents for a while. Thanks for the slide Grandma! She is finally brave enough to go down it without you holding her hands! As long as you are waiting with outstretched arms at the bottom. What a cutie pie.


Then it was my FAVORITE part of the day! Cake time. It was so fun to watch her attack it...but for my birthday I asked for Rice Crispy Treats instead because I just couldn't stomach cake after watching this:






Her guests got to enjoy cupcakes of their own (normal size of course) and ice cream cones. A shout out for Grandpa Miller for putting up with my crazy ideas and making the stand for me! Thanks a million!



Here is a picture of Mara on her actual Birthday. Sadly I only took one the whole day, it's not even very good...but it's the thought that counts, right?


Here are Mara's stats from her one year check up!
18 lbs. 7 Oz.= 13% (yes you did read that right...aparently she is tiny! Wouldn't know it by looking at her would ya? But if you pick her up you can definitely tell!)
30 inches long = 74% I guess that's why all her pants are too short but still don't fit around her waist!
Head circumference is in the 85%...good old Evans heads!!!! Thanks Grandpa Evans!

I couldn't love this little peanut more. I am so blessed to be her mommy. It's been fun to hear her call me that, and to grow more and more attached to me. She's always been a daddy's girl, but lately she is growing more attached to me...and I am totally loving it!!

I guess I should include my reasoning behind the title. On the morning of her actual birthday she woke up quite cranky, so we started to sing that song to her. Later in the day we heard it at the grocery store and on the radio! What a coinkidink! ;)

4 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

You're baby is SOOO cute! I love to look at her pics. I just want to squeeze her chubby cheeks. You're cupcakes turned out really cute too.

Penn and Kass said...

She is such a doll! I can't believe she is going to be a big sister! I want to see her soon! You should come over!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

She is so cute! I am so glad you put her weight and stuff! She does look much bigger! I wish Drake and Mara could play!!! Drake is 20lbs. 2oz. Mara makes him seem gigantica!!!! It will be fun to see these kids together SOMEDAY!!! I think Stacie and I are coming in MAy for Grandpa Hanks b-day party!

Monica said...

I love the picture of Mara playing the piano in her cute little pink outfit!