Monday, August 31, 2009

My Big Girl!

In preparation for our next arrival, we needed to transition Mara to her Big Girl Bed. I lovingly made her a new quilt, and we received a wonderful toddler bed that has gone through almost all of my cousins but started with Brooke! I was TERRIFIED to do it. The bed sat in my parents garage for ages. One day I finally got the guts and so we set it up.


That face pretty much says it all. She is in love. She always wants to be in here bedroom now playing on her big girl bed. If only you could hear her say it, it is BEYOND cute. It sounds something like, "bi gool" How did the first nap go? AMAZING. She layed in it, I walked out of the room and about two hours later I hear her singing to herself (she does that everytime she wakes up). She didn't even get out of the bed herself. She sleeps all night long and never gets up either. We could not have been more thrilled at how smoothly it all went. Plus, we still have the crib set up in her room in preparation for Logan and she doesn't even care. Infact, when asked where the baby bed is, she walks over to the crib! It's so fun. I think she transitioned so easily because we did it at the age she is. A little early by most standards, but I think she was ready!


This is Roo playing in her bed. She loves it so much!

2 comments:

Ginay said...

Yay, I am glad that she did well. Jake was the same way, he does, sometimes play for a while before he goes to bed. But honestly I would much rather him be in there by himself, playing than Bugging me for a couple hours!! I get so much more done when he is in bed!! The Quilt is adorable by the way good job!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Oh, the comforts of that cute toddler bed! It will probably see many many more children it the future! Tell your mom that was probably the best investment EVER! So happy it was such a great transition! I usually have called the bed transfer 'the great and terrible transition' because it usually is just that! LUCKY! Mara is too cute and sooo smart! The quilt looks so amazing! Great job! :)