So, I've been having lovely lower back pain for about a week now, and I'm used to having kidney infections and kidney stones so I've been playing it off as that just trying to make it to my next appointment at my dr's office. Well, Sunday it got pretty bad so I decided to call the Dr. on call for my office. He told me that he thought it sounded more like preterm labor and to go to the hospital.
We get there, answer all the questions, and get hooked up to the monitor and the nurse looked at me like I was crazy and asked if I could feel the contractions that were like 3 minutes apart. I said yes, but I just figured since I'm only 34 weeks that it wasn't real labor just BH. I've been having those contractions for about a week now and they always end up stopping, so I figured I was right. I then told her I've also been having really bad cramping. (Now I kinda feel like a dork for not thinking it was labor...haha)
My doctor told me that after 34 weeks they don't do much to stop your labor. He told the nurse to give me a shot of trebutaline (medicine to stop labor). But if that didn't work, we'd have a baby. I was like, "WHAT??" Stop away! Stop away! It slowed the contractions so we got to come home.
I still had contractions all night, but they weren't as strong. But let me tell you, that medicine is nasty! Has anyone ever had it? It made me feel so shaky and nauseous and dizzy...GROSS! Top that off with some percocet, and it made for a fun night!!!
So I could still have a kidney stone and that could be causing all this (my culture came back negative for an infection) but they can't do anything for it anyways, so I get to deal with it! Yippy! Maybe I won't have to make the decision about getting induced after all! Either way, I am NOT having this baby until after 38 weeks FOR SURE. I don't want another NICU baby and we all know that babies are MUCH easier inside than outside!! Although, I can't wait to meet him...but I will wait.
9 comments:
Wow! You've been busy posting! I'm glad they got your contractions under control. Those pre-term babies can be scary. Hope he stays in there at least a few more weeks!
That was a close one! Can't wait to see pictures of Logan! I can't believe Mara is 18 months! We can't WAIT for nursery. Well, I'm in primary so Nate can't wait for nursery.
So I just realized I forget to look at your blog because it doesn't update like the others!! AHH! I feel like I been missing out. I hope you are feeling better and things go good for you. Keep us posted! Good Luck!
I was thinking it was a bit early for you to be in labor! Hope your little guy stays in there a bit longer for ya :)
I am so sorry brit! I hope you are dong much better. Not much longer, we need to do a lunch before you go in. So i will be calling you soon:) And yes you are so right, babies are SO much easier in than they are out!
Oh my gosh that is so early it seems....I hope you can make it longer! Its also so exciting knowing your little guy will be here soon. Fun Fun. How early was Mara? She was early too right?
Oh no! Hope everything's going better. I might be there sometime in the next couple of weeks, not for sure yet, but if so we should get together before you pop! :)
OH my that is awful! I hope I never have to take that medicine! I'm happy you are okay! Babies are much easier in then out but heart burn might be worse! good luck!
Crazy. Good thing you got them to stop. So funny that you want him to stay in there as long as you can. Most pregnant women will do anything to get the baby out. Good luck!!
Post a Comment