Can I just start off by saying that this baby thing is a MILLION times easier the second time around. I feel much more confident in my abilities as a mother (Mara didn't die under my care), I can shrug off advice from others that I do not agree with and not feel guilty, I can make it through the rough times better because I know that "it won't be like this for long" (Song by Darius Rucker...only like my favorite reminder to enjoy the little moments with these kiddos).
I am so blessed that I have such amazing and supportive family members surrounding me. Everyday (literally-it's no exaggeration) I get to hang out with my best friend who also happens to be my mom. I don't know what I'd do without her! It's been a little rough getting used to two kids and basically no husband during the week because of school and work, and she has helped me out so much! Love you mom!
I feel so lucky to have two kids. I can't believe sometimes that I'm a mother of two! I swear I'm still 14. I've never been so content and happy with my life. Adding Logan to our family makes it feel complete. I'm not saying that we won't have another, but for right now it's how it should be! Three months after I had Mara I just kept having this nagging feeling that wouldn't go away that there was another little guy up there waiting for us. When she was seven months old I got Sean on board with the idea, and three months later we found out we were having another baby. Some call us crazy, but I know that he is supposed to be here now. Now that he's here I really feel complete. He adds so much to our lives. His smiles and coos melt my heart. Watching Mara "love on him" makes me so proud. Listening to Sean singing to him when he's sad makes me love Sean even more. I don't remember my life without him, it's like he's always been with us. Thanks for blessing our lives Logan. We love you.
This is our handsome little man sitting up on the couch getting ready to watch the Holy War today.
I can't for the life of me get a good picture of his smile. This is about as good as it gets. But trust me, if you saw it you wouldn't be able but help smiling yourself.

This was their first bath together. We didn't try it again for a couple weeks because Mara just loves him a little too much...
Our house faces East so when the wind blows it blew all the leaves up against the house. Mara loves crunching in them. Everytime we'd leave the house she'd step off the porch to stomp through the leaves on the way to the car instead of taking the sidewalk.

And this is what happens everytime I try to take a picture of Logan. Mara gets a little jealous and jumps in front of the camera to pose. Super hilarious.




2 comments:
Your kids are seriously so adorable!
I can't believe you have 2 kids either! I'm terrified to have another baby and start that all over again! It was SO hard! So this makes me feel a little better. :)
Post a Comment