I don't ever stutter. I can say words and form sentences like an adult. With the exception of while I am visiting teaching. Acutally now that I think about it, it is basically during any church function. Sunday meetings, meetings for my calling, visiting teaching...you name it. I turn into this weirdo that can't speak. I even get nervous while I'm at church that I'm holding my own baby wrong or awkwardly.
Sean thinks I'm nuts, and I'm starting to think that I just might be. :) Am I the only one who feels like that? I have a testimony. I know the gospel is true. I know we have prophets on earth today to lead and guide us. I know the scriptures are the word of God. I know that being active in our callings will bless us and others. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. So why do I get all weird at church functions? I honestly think it is just the social aspect of it.
I've always kind of been that way with any large gathering. Luckily I have only been in two wards (that I actually remember) my entire life. Until now. So it is really my "first" time getting to know people, learning names, making friends and such. Maybe that's why it is so apparent now. Anyways, if any of you have suggestions or words of encouragment I would very much appreciate them!!!
One of the hardest parts about visiting teaching is when I have to give the lesson. After seeing a friend's blog I was inspired to make up a cute thingy with a quote from this months lesson. It actually helped me feel more confident about the lesson part. Here it is:

11 comments:
I am the most socially awkward person I know too!
I literally am terrified to go to our new ward because I don't know anyone. I turn into someone who is socially handicapped whenever someone I don't know talks to me, its like I don't even know my name.
Super awesome. :(
But hey- I still love you- and I don't even know you!
I am exactly the same! I like to go visiting teaching but I am SO AWKWARD haha I'm just glad I have a companion that will do all the talking so I don't have to worry about making conversation. I would be more comfortable if we just went and shared the message and left...it's the talking that makes me nervous.
I don't like going either! It's totally fine once I go, but man, it's so dang hard to just go! And, I hate when we end up staying longer than scheduled... Way good idea to make something about the lesson!!
Haha Britt! I totally do that too :) I had to give a presentation last week in front of the entire Relief Society and I thought I was going to pass out. It's like I turn into a different person and can't think straight. I turn into some weirdo that can't talk or make sense. Adam keeps telling me that it's coz I don't do it enough. I don't know though coz I've done it quite a bit now and every time it's the same. I think I'm just weird :) Oh well.
Brittani, you are too funny! I'm sure I am supposed to come up with some really supportive answers, but I can't this time. I never would've imagined you as shy, but maybe because I only see you around the fam.
are we twins? I feels the exact same way! Wow it's great to know i'm not the only one haha!
ok i feel so awkward as well! I thought that it was just my companion or possibly the people we teach but I just think every one is awkward at it! haha Seriously like no one knows what to say or when to stop its just awkward!
That is so funny that you posted this...cause I go VT-ing every month, I have a great companion that I give all the credit too, but this last month when I got home...I thought to myself, man...I feel SO stupid. I felt like my brain was going a lot quicker than what was coming out of my mouth, and I rehearsed what I had wanted to say over in my head and it sounded GREAT! So, I am right there with ya on this one! I am happy to know I am not the only one! ;)
That is funny cuz I think more people than you realize feel that way, that is why when I have visiting teachers come to my house I try so hard to make them feel like they can relax chill and not be all stressed out. Although my visiting teachers are a bit on the uptight side and kind of nosey and I am not sure how to take them I feel like they are in my space so I should be the one making them comfortable. When I visit which is rare cuz I am terrible visiting teacher, I try to focus only on them and not me. We do lunch a lot and if your budget doesnt allow make them lunch it is a more layed back atmosphere and it seems better and you can open up more likde friends which is the whole point of visiting teaching. And the whole church thing I just need to call and gripe about that lol Just always keep your testimony strong and know that you are you and you are wonderful! Love you Britt and we need to talk soon!
Post a Comment