Monday, August 2, 2010

Called of God

"You are called of God. The Lord knows you. He knows whom He would have serve in every position in His Church. He chose you. He has prepared a way so that He could issue your call.

You are called to represent the Savior. Your voice to testify becomes the same as His voice, your hands to lift the same as His hands. His work is to bless His Father's spirit children with the opportunity to choose eternal life. So, your calling is to bless lives.

There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed. One of the ways you will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate. But you have access to more than your natural capacities, and you do not work alone. The Lord will magnify what you say and what you do in the eyes of the people you serve."
         Pres. Eyring 

I came across this quote here. I've been slightly overwhelmed lately with my new calling as primary chorister...It is the farthest from my comfort zone that I have EVER been in a church calling.  I do not like standing up and talking in front of people (yes, I realize that most are children but I am terrified nonetheless).  And I don't sing.  Ok, that's sort of an exaggeration.  I sang in choir in high school.  In a LARGE choir, and sang alto.  So I do not fit the typical "mold" for a primary chorister.  Coming across this quote today was a blessing for me, so I thought I'd share it with you all! 

5 comments:

Harris Family said...

I'm not gonna lie - I'd be terrified to do that calling too! I bet you are wonderful and really, the kids don't know the difference. Games and visuals easily take the attention off you. Make as many as you can! :)

Nate and Lana Hope said...

I bet you are AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing that quote! I needed to hear it too! :) And I know you can sing and are VERY good at it! :) Also at lds.org you can download songs in a lower key. Ang used to do it all the time cuz she is alto too. Those primary songs are super high! Just print one off for you ad your pianist and tada! the kids will never know! :)

Alicia said...

Just so you know, you're an amazing chorister. And I'm not just saying that. PrimaryLand was a big hit!

Monica said...

I can imagine what an amazing chorister you are :) I hate singing in front of anyone so I completely understand!

Todd, Kendra and Carson said...

Thanks for sharing that. I agree with Teri, I'd be terrified too, but sounds like you're doing well.