Lately I have been reflecting an awful lot about how blessed we are. We seriously have the most amazing support systems anyone could ever hope for.
My family puts up with me and my crazy kiddos almost every day while Sean is at work. After naps I load the kids up and we go play at Grammie's house. On the days we don't go there my kids seem lost, and Mara begs to go up there. They absolutely adore their Grandparents and I know that feeling is mutual. Mara & Logan are definitely spoiled rotten!
Sean's family let us live with them for 2 1/2 years while we figured out life as newlyweds and then as parents of one, and then as parents of 1.5. Let me tell you--we were not the easiest people to live with. We expected a lot and gave very little in return. Every time we felt there was an issue about something they tried their hardest to accommodate us--even about the silliest/most trivial/ridiculous things. They must have A. TON. OF. PATIENCE.
Again we are finding ourselves in a situation that we need a lot of support. Have I ever mentioned how incredibly stressful it is having Sean working full-time and going to school full-time :) ??!!? One of the biggest stresses is money. It never seems to stretch far enough. Don't ya just hate that?
Sean's parents have graciously agreed to let us move in with them again. In a little over a year we will be debt free and ready to try living on our own again. I am so grateful they are willing to sacrifice their basement so that we can follow the Prophet's council to stay out of debt. We have made some silly rookie mistakes and now have the opportunity to fix them.
I just wanted to thank our amazing families for opening up their homes, hearts, and lives so that we can become better people.
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
(I'm pretty sure Sean's parents don't even look at our blog, but I felt like this needed to be said!)
2 comments:
Wow, good for you guys. It's hard living with parents especially when you have kids, but so worth getting out of debt. A year will go by before you know it!
I totally understand. We lived with Nic's parents our first year of being married and have been back here for a year! I am just grateful we have somewhere to go and get out of debt so we can maybe be adults one day :) Good Luck!
Post a Comment