Thursday, October 7, 2010

So stinking exhausted

Packing with a 2 & 1 year old with no tv is nearly impossible.  We canceled our directv on Monday leaving me  with nothing to keep our kids entertained.  Judge away, I don't care.  Sean did remedy the situation and go buy a new DVD player so they can watch movies now.  That helps a lot.

We were talking last night about all the packing going on.  Sean likes this 30 day notice to move thing.  He likes taking the time to slowly pack up.  Me?  Not so much!  I'd rather do it in a day.  Much easier that way.  I keep finding myself looking for something only to realize it is already packed. 

Mara is having major anxiety about everything getting put away just like she did last time.  Only this time it is spread out.  Poor little girl has recently developed a stutter.  I blame it on the move.  She does not do change well.  Has anyone else had this issue with your kids?  She has always spoken very clearly and quite ahead for her age.  At first we thought maybe she was doing it on purpose for attention, but the last couple of days she has started crying because she gets so frustrated that she can't spit out the words.  The theory of attention got washed down the drain.  Our Pediatrician told us it is common enough in her age group where their minds are racing a million miles a minute and their mouths can't catch up.  Still, it breaks my heart.  Any advice would be appreciated.

The picture is just gross isn't it?  But it definitely explains how I've felt for the past month.  Much better than words ever could.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Halle went through that. I would just get down on her level and help her clam down and start again so she wasn't stressed. It seemed to help and she worked through it on her own. It is scary though. Good luck!

brandiebean said...

my stepson did the same thing. his started at three and did go all the way away until he was 5. his mind was trying to process a lot too. if we got down and looked him in the eye to help him focus it seemed to help a lot.