As the NewYear always does, it leaves me reflecting the year before. Did I make good choices? Was I a good mom? Did I learn from my mistakes? Did I handle the hard times well? Did I serve others? Did I share my testimony often enough? Ultimately my question always is: would Heavenly Father be proud of me?
Hmmm...
Without devulging too many details December was a hard month. Like, really hard. Trials came up that I always hoped and prayed I'd never have to deal with. Don't we all have those? The things we say: Heavenly Father better not give me that trial because He knows how much I can handle and I definitely can't handle that. Welp, never say never--because here I sit.
Through this experience I have come to realize that I can do anything with the help of Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I have to constantly remind myself of that, because it is so easy to let Satan tell me otherwise.
So for 2011 I am not making any crazy resolutions. Nope. I'm just going to keep on trucking and trust in the Lord. By doing that I think I'll ultimately become a better person than I ever could on my own.
3 comments:
Your strength and focus always inspires me. I hope everything gets better for you!
I hope everything is going better now...We all need to try and get together again soon.
Britt, you are absolutely right. I think Heavenly Father has a lot more faith in us than we can imagine. I never thought I'd EVER be faced with some things in life that I've had to face. And, I like you're idea of just keep trucking along. Hang in there and stay close to the Lord.
Post a Comment