Saturday, June 25, 2011

I need advice

Is this a good idea?  Or is it wishful thinking?
She is 3, and loves to help mommy clean-up (most of the time).  They're really simple things too, almost all of them she does everyday already.  I'm thinking of printing it up and laminating it so we can put check marks when she's done with her "job".  Then at the end of the week, she'll get a little something to say: good job!  Do you think this is too early?

3 comments:

nichole said...

I think it is a good idea! We have job charts for our 6,4 and 2 year old. the chores are really easy for the younger ones but it has helped alot around here! They know they have to do their chores every day before they get to go out and play. Some days are easier than others but I am glad they are learning now.

Alicia said...

I don't think it's too early at all! Makoa's daily chores right now are make bed, clean room, get dressed, brush teeth and do hair... I like the "moms choice"... we're going to start that one tomorrow for sure. =) I should make an actual chart for Makoa, he would love to see his progress... but he can't read yet so maybe I would use pictures along with the words...hmm...

Stephanie Peay said...

I learned in a behavior class just recently that I took that it is best to have a visual for everything that they are to do or is expected that they do. So I am currently making a chart with pictures of a toothbrush, a bed, and so on. Make pics of everything because they can't read, but if they can see a pic then it encourages them to do it. Also at the end of the day the boys get paid for the points they earned. It keeps them motivated and then every Friday is payday and we have a prize box and they can choose prizes based on points and can save points to earn the bigger prizes later. They also talked about a jar full of beans to keep them motivated. Everytime they do their chore put in a bean immediately, once they get to the line you have set they get a prize. You could tell her once you get to this line them we will go to the Cars movie or whatever you choose. Talk to me and I can tell you more. The biggest thing was have everything be visual. They said the more visual the expectations were the more successful they would be.