Saturday, October 1, 2011

The party













Lets be honest, parties are more for me than the kids.  I LOVE spending hours making silly things that no one is going to notice.  There's just something about putting a party together that makes my heart go pitter pat pat.  Here are all the "details" from the big day.  My favorite thing about this party?  The checkered flag duck tape I found.  (Yes, it is Duck tape, I did not spell it wrong).  Some close 2nds are the photo #2 (thank you pinterest for the idea), and re-using the table runner from Mara's tea party.  Who knew a tea party and a racing party could have similar details?
More on the #2, I've decided that's going to be our birthday tradition.  Every year we'll add pictures and take away a few to create their new year number.  I'm pretty excited about it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love that #2 picture idea! I can't believe he's already 2!

The Cranes said...

That is one amazing party, Britt! When my girls were little, Janna had two friends whose moms threw them a big birthday bash--cowboy theme. The dads were talking and shaking their heads about how overboard the moms had gone--"our wives are crazy" etc. I looked at them and said, "Do you not get that this is the FUN part of our job? Let's see--cleaning house, changing diapers, laundry, cooking, cleaning up various bodily fluids or food spills...planning a party?! Of course they had fun and went crazy planning it!!!" They were like, "Oh...yeah, I guess you're right." Duh! :) I have done some really fun things for my kids' parties as well.