Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blue Man Group

So my father-in-law bought us all tickets to see blue man group for last night. It was really neat. We went to The Gateway and ate at California Pizza Kitchen (one of my favorite restaurants!), then went to the show at the Energy Solutions Arena. The opening act was kinda of stupid. I just kept sitting there thinking, "if this is what I'm in for, I want to leave. I didn't sign up to get a migraine" it was obnoxious and loud! I'm not really a fan of listening to dj's ruin good music with a bunch of wickidy wacks and stuff. However, he did do some cool stuff with videos. (Note to all pregnant women: NOT a good idea to go up to Salt Lake in the middle of winter, where you will be walking around. NOT comfortable at all! And if you decide to do it anyways, make sure that you will be on time so you won't have to RUN to get to your destination. If you have blood pressure problems, hands down, do NOT go. Not fun at all. By the time we finally sat down for the show I seriously thought I was going to die! My heart was pumping so hard that my eyes were all blurry. Plus, those chairs are not comfortable at all...my feet didn't reach the ground...so by the time the show was over both my feet had doubled in size. Then by the time you finally feel semi-normal again it's time to leave and start walking around again! Today I still feel sick from all of it. My whole body is sore, and my blood pressue still hasn't gone back to normal.) I went into the concert not having a clue what the blue man group really were, so I was very nervous after sitting through the opening act, but the show was awesome! Seriously, I had a blast! One of our favorite parts of the show was when they turned out the lights, and the guys had on these suits that had lights in the shape of stick figures. So all you could see were these dancing stick figures. I'm terrible at explaining things, but I hope you get the picture! I forgot my camera, and was SO bummed. Anyways, it was really fun. My one wish for the whole evening was that I wasn't pregnant. I would've enjoyed it a whole lot more! But thanks to my father-in-law for the tickets and the fun night! It was awesome getting to spend the evening with him and Sean doing something fun for a change!

1 comment:

Liz & Zac said...

How fun! Well not the pregnant having to run, being short and cant touch the floor part, but I would love to see the blue man group!