Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm so grateful...

I'm kind of having a "bad" day, so I thought, "what could I do to change that?" So I've decided to make a post about just a few things that I'm grateful for. There's nothing like counting blessings to make you snap out of a funk!

I'm grateful for Sean. He does so much for me. He works hard so that our little family will be ok and so I can stay home to take care of our babe.
I'm grateful for my daughter. Sometimes things are really hard, sometimes I wonder if I will be a good enough mom, but I know in my heart she was meant to come to us. She always makes me want to be a better person.
I'm grateful for my family. I'm so glad that I can live close to both. I have no idea how Sean and I would make it without all of you!
I'm grateful for my "little job". Teaching piano gives me something to do, gives us some extra money, and gives me the opportunity to acquire better teaching skills. I'm always looking for new ways to teach a subject, and new ways to be more organized.
I'm grateful for my talents. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father gave me so many gifts that I can bless other peoples lives with.
I'm grateful for the Gospel. It gives my life so much more meaning.
I'm grateful for my extended family. Because of them I'm blessed with so many wonderful memories.
I'm grateful for good health. I never realized how much I took that for granted until I had a rough pregnancy.
I'm grateful for the summertime. I love all seasons, fall is probably my favorite, but I'm grateful for the summer because I get to spend more time outside doing some of the things that I love.
I'm grateful for the tough times I have gone through because they've made me the person I am today.
I'm grateful for good music. There is nothing like a good song to lift your spirits!
I'm grateful for the opportunites I get to design things. Whether it's helping design a bedroom, a scrapbook page, a card, a kitchen, or even making a cake. I just love letting my brain explore so many endless options!
I'm grateful for swimming pools. Silly, I know, but I just love swimming!
I'm grateful for good friends, that always know the right thing to do to make my day!
I'm grateful for rain. I love the smell. I love the feel. I love the look. I just love it.
I'm grateful for so many many many things. Just writing these few has already made me in a better mood! I need to do these kinds of things more often so I can make sure I keep things in perspective!

2 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

I so need to write one of these lists. Its hard to see the big picture when you are so concentrated on yourself. I have been really struggling with what i think is postpartum's and it sucks! I think that writing down what your thankful for is a great idea! PS i think you have one of the most creative minds i know. You can do anything! make cakes, decorate, cards, the list goes on...

Andrea Migliaccio said...

So of course Mara won the baby contest! How could she not?
I was so excited to see you guys in the parade!
I've tried getting a hold of Beate about 10 times- seriously & I cannot!
Oma answered the phone 1 of the times & I just kept laughing. I finally said "Donka" and "Bye-Bye"...
Will you tell her I have the Pampered Chef orders?
THANKS a mill!
xOxOxO