Thursday, July 3, 2008

Piece of cake...?


I made this cake for Brooke's Bridal Shower. I was pretty proud of my creation, it definately wasn't perfect but it was my first try at something like it so I felt like it was a success. We go to leave for the shower, Brooke picks up the cake and starts walking across the kitchen...and what do you think happened? Yes, the cake tumbled to it's untimely death on the kitchen floor. The picture above was taken after the fall. We put it back together pretty good, but it was terribly lopsided and quite squished looking. At least it wasn't a total loss...? It was my first experience coloring that much fondant blue and brown. My arms were sore for a couple of days from kneading it! Anyways, I wish it hadn't fallen to it's death, but at least we were able to make it look somewhat presentable. Thanks Brooke! JK, I sure love ya!

3 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

This cake is so CUTE! I would of never even guessed it was dropped!!! haha you have quite the talent :)

Becca said...

That is so pretty-teach me!

Liz & Zac said...

Love it! Brit you are pro!