Monday, January 12, 2009

Story of my Life!

There will be no pictures in this post, but trust me...you'll be glad there aren't any.

So I never read the side effects when I take a prescription. I just don't. I never have. If I start feeling funny then I read them and am like, "oh, that's why!" It's different when you have a kid. I read all of them. Found the best ways to hopefully avoid them, and followed through. Unfortunately not everything is fool proof. Amoxicillin can cause diarhea, but if taken on a full tummy you should be fine----NOT! Oh my land, I swear, if I have to clean up one more blow out I just might scream! Seriously, we have at least 3 a day. "Knock on wood" today we only had two. Neither of which I had to clean up! However, there is a hilarious story involved with today's second.

I had to go teach piano lessons, but Mara was still napping. So I called my little brother down to listen to the monitor and bring her up the street once she woke up. I made arrangements for him to take her upstairs to Beate and Stephanie if she happened to need her diaper changed since he absolutely refuses to do it. Apparently she woke up with quite the doozy. Brett held her as far away from him as possible and carried her upstairs. I believe his words were "I think it's everywhere..." once he found Stephanie. Not to mention the fact that Mara was laughing hysterically the entire time. Poor Stephanie and Beate had to strip her down and give her a bath. I really appreciate it though! I asked Brett what he would've done had it happened while Beate and Stephanie weren't home. His reply was, "I would've let her sit in it"!!!!! Geez! I think I'll think twice about having him babysit again! Anyways, thanks a million to Steph and Beate for cleaning her up! I totally owe you!

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

That's funny! Tell Brett to buck up! Congrats on getting rid of the binkie by the way. I'm dreading that day. It should be soon I know, but I really don't want to deal with it!

Stephanie Peay said...

No problem!! It is a good thing she is so cute and it definitely helped that she laughed the entire time. I am just grateful the boys never had that issue. I pray I never do have to deal with it!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Ha ha haha ha hah aha hahaha Sooooo funny! Brett is hilarious!! If he would have cleaned it up,I bet you would have wished he wouldn't have anyway! Does Mara have a diaper rash yet? Geez that's A LOT of poopies to deal with! Yuck! Gotta love antibiotics!

Hilary and Adam said...

Haha that's hilarious! Ok, so further down Mara has some kind of pillow in her car seat?? What is that? It looks like something i might want to invest in... hope you guys are doing well!