It's a boy!!! I'm so excited to have one of each! We're going to name him Logan Sean Evans. Would you believe that Sean did NOT want to use his name for Logan's middle name? He's a silly boy! I am seirously so excited to do the "boy thing" now. A tad nervous as well...but over all just super super SUPER excited!
We get to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks, because Logan wouldn't let us see his brain, heart, or bladder! He just kept showing us his "goods" if you will. The first thing we saw when the Dr. put the thingy on my belly was his little pee pee! After that, that's basically all we saw. We didn't even get a good look at his face because he kept covering it with his hands! So we'll let him get a little bigger and hopefully we'll get a better view of all those other vital parts he didn't seem to think were important! Everytime the Dr would move the thingy (what on earth is that thingy really called? Anyone?) to get a different view, Logan would reposition himself and then spread his legs! I think he is proud he's a boy!
Sean will probably be absolutely mortified that I'm sharing this on our blog, but hey at least it's private right??!!!?? Anyways, when we got out to the car the first thing Sean said to me was, "well, I guess I've got good 'juice' cause I can make both kinds!" SO FUNNY!
Of course my blood pressure had spiked again...this is actually the same time it got high with Mara too. So I'm starting the process again of many 24 hour urine collections and lots of labs! Yeehaw...I just LOVE being tied to my house just incase I've got to pee. TMI, I know. But it is seriously the weirdest/grossest thing ever! I don't know about all you other ladies out there but I pee A LOT especially when I'm pregnant, and especially during the night. It's so hard to be awake enough to make sure I do it right! So I have to flip on all the lights, do my business and by the time I'm done taking care of everything I'm wide awake. Then I lay in bed for 20 minutes trying to fall back asleep all to just get up in another 30 minutes to do it all again. Oh well, I'll do whatever I have to to give him the best chance at being healthy!
I feel SO blessed to have this little boy growing inside me. I feel so lucky that Heavenly Father has given us these little spirits to take care of! I am so grateful to be a Mommy! Being a mom is honestly the best thing I've ever done for myself...and they say motherhood is the LEAST selfish thing you'll ever do! Well, I definitely feel selfish! As Mara is growing up more and I tell her scripture stories and say prayers with her my tesitmony grows more and more. I feel like a better person everyday, and believe it or not my body image has gotten a MILLION times better since having Mara. Even though I've gained weight, I feel so lucky that my body is capable of doing such a miraculous thing. I will not take that for granted ever!
Here we go! Over half way there!
7 comments:
Congrats! I am excited for you guys!
Yeah for one of each1 That's hilarious that he's so proud of his manhood. Imagine if you didn't want to find out the sex of the baby....he would have spoiled that surprise.
Congrats Britt! So happy for you! It was so cute that you already called him Logan! I love it! Good job! I hope you feel good! Keep on truckin'!
Once again I am so happy for you! You are such a good mom. I do love motherhood and I don't think you can appreciate it until you are actually a mom. Logan is going to be such a cutie, we already know you produce beautiful babies! Im sorry about your blood pressure. I guess its just one of the joys of pregnancy, but you are right its just amazing that our bodies can do such a miraculous thing.
I am so Happy for you!! Boys are a blast, and it is so fun to do it all over again...but like you have never done it before. And YES, it is INCREDIBLE that our bodies can produce such a Beautiful thing. Congrats again!!
I think you are so lucky to have a boy and a girl right from the start! Congratulations! :) I love how you express what a blessing it is to be a mother. Not enough women express that and it's always nice to hear.
That is so great Britt...Boys really are so much fun, I can't compare it to girls but I know for sure little boys are the best.
Post a Comment