Then my mom had a brilliant idea! My great aunt Della owns a quilting machine, so why not take a road trip?!? We honestly saved money driving all the way to Idaho rather than having them quilted by someone else, crazy eh? Anyways, thank you Della for letting us come! It was a blast, and I have found a new fun thing I love to do! If only I could buy the equipment...wait, I definitely don't have $8,000 to buy one. Bummer. Ha ha. Anyways, here are some pictures of our lovely trip!

These are the two quilts after I was done quilting them. Of course they are far away, so you can't see the detail of the quilting. I did the red-white-and-blue one first. It's a picnic quilt made with some old jeans, so I felt like I should practice on it first. It turned out alright, but I was definitely glad I practiced on that one. The other quilt is the one I actually won on a blog give-a-way. I won the quilt kit (that means all the fabric) then I pieced it all together. The quilting on this one was WAY better than the first! I even threw in some daisy's! As soon as I have the bindings done on both of them I'll post better pictures so you can see the quilting.


Mara went out into the pasture with my Grandpa, her great-grandpa, to look at the cows. When they got clear out there, he set her down and she walked away from the cows, bent over pulled up some grass and walked back to the cow with her arm outstretched to feed it! She is FEARLESS! It was pretty funny. I have no idea where she learned to do something like that either. Maybe the zoo? I don't know.
It was so much fun to just hang out with my mom, Brooke, my Grandparents, and Mara. We definitely missed Sean and were glad to be home! Thanks for letting us crash at your place Grandma!
2 comments:
Those are beautiful quilts! You are amazing! Is that where I went with you in Idaho?
It was so much fun. Thanks for inviting me to go with you!
Post a Comment