Ya know the saying, "life sucks, and then you die"? Well, I'd like to liken that to pregnancy.
Why do we have to be so miserable when we are pregnant? Oh sure, there are women out there who love every waking AND sleeping moment...but for those of us that aren't nuts we are miserable.
I shouldn't complain too much. This pregnancy has been a BREEZE compared to the last, but still I am a whale and am therefore uncomfortable 24/7. At one point in my pregnancy (though it was so long ago it's hard to remember) I absolutely adored feeling him moving around in there. Now? Not so much. He is so darn low I feel like he's trying to stick a hand out to test out the weather. I honestly cringed everytime he moves because it just hurts SO bad.
My poor husband. I've gone all hormonal on him lately. He takes it in stride, but I know it must be hard. Almost every night when he gets home from work I bust out bawling because of this or that stupid thing.
It's gotten so hard to move around and moving induces lots of swelling, so that means my poor Mara doesn't exactally get as much attention from me lately. She comes to me and says, "stowy, pa-lah" (story, please) and sits on my lap while I read to her, she then will snuggle with me for a bit and then be off to play again. One good thing that has come out of this is that she is very content to play by herself a lot of the time. A skill which I will come to love even more when Logan comes, I am sure.
Please, no visitors to my house. It is a DISASTER. No joke, it's like a bomb went off almost constantly. When it got hard to bend over I'd clean up by using my feet...now I can hardly do that! Oh, and not to mention that after I spend like ten minutes cleaning I'm sweating like a nasty pig.
Wow, aren't I just a brat? I should be so grateful that I have this opportunity, and usually I am. But tonight is another matter entirely.
Don't worry, I'll get over it.
p.s. I am being induced October 5th! Yeehaw!
7 comments:
The good thing is, it ends! And in just 17 days for you! :) Hold on...
you crack me up. My sister sounds the same way.. but she is only just starting. She is 12 weeks. She has a LONG time to go. Good luck!
The more I read the blogs of pregnant women, the less appealing pregnancy becomes haha but hey, at least you have an excuse for your house being a disaster...I'm just lazy :O
I just laughed so hard reading this! I LOVE that I am not the only one that is not in love with being pregnant! I love the out come but not the whole pregnancy part. I was reading and laughing and Nic had to come over and read it and he said wow that sounds like you 5 months go! So I totally feel for you and let your house be a mess it is not worth swelling! There is a end in sight though YAY!
Good luck and hopefully he makes his entrance sooner than later. I do feel for you and can say I am happy to be to the point that I am at. I hate being pregnancy. Feeling him move was the only enjoyable part. You are so close though and it will be over before you know it!
Sorry we came to visit on Saturday AM. Your house wasn't a total disaster and as long as Mara is happy you'll survive! Besides you spend enough time at my house for her to be entertained that she'll survive too! It's almost over!
Now I want to drive down there and clean your house for you! I feel so bad for you... I think it makes it worse when things are out of order (or is it just me?)
Post a Comment