Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can you believe it?


Wow, is it already that time again?

 
I cannot believe she is almost 2 already!  Wait a second...if I think about it I can believe it.  Want to hear what she can do?
     *Go "pee pee in the big girl potty" She asks to all the time, and goes.  We can normally put her diaper back on because it is completely dry!  We will be officially training her this Saturday so wish us luck!
    *She can basically let us know exactly what she wants using full sentences.  It blows my mind everytime still.  Can I just say how nice it is that she can finally tell us what she wants, or what hurts!  It makes life about a bazillion times easier! 
    *She takes such good care of her little brother.  He already loves her so much!  In fact, Mara can get him rolling laughing better than anyone else.  It is beyond cute.  If he starts crying, so goes running screaming: "binki!"  Locates the bink, and gets him plugged pronto. 
    *She follows directions well.  It is so nice to say, "Mara go get a diaper and wipes" and off she runs upstairs only to return with the items! 
    *She is definitely an independent little thing.  Wants to do everything by herself.  My favorite is watching her put on her shoes on the wrong feet.  So I'll tell her they're on the wrong feet, she says, "oops!  Wrong feet." and promptly changes them.
    *She has some major personality!  I love it (well most of the time).  Today she asked me to put on her tu-tu, so I did.  She grabbed her purse, gave me a kiss goodbye and said, "bye mom.  Lover (her version of I love you).  Shoppin!"  Then went to the front door and tried to open it.  I about died!  Thankfully she still hasn't figured out how to open up a door.  Knock on wood it stays like that for a while.  I'm quite enjoying it.
   *Speaking of shopping, it is her favorite activity.  Almost every morning she wakes up and asks me if we get to go shopping.  Which is hilarious, because I am in no way a big shopper.  I think it's mostly because she just likes to get out of the house. 

She is so much fun.  She is still definitely a daddy's girl.  We are so grateful to have her in our lives!  Love you Roo!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I think my favorite was the part where she says, "Oops! Wrong feet," and then changes her shoes hehe too cute! I can't believe you have a two-year-old and I'm just barely getting started with baby number one. I need your mommy advice :)

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Are you aware that you have the most gorgeous kids ever?
I'm serious!
GORGEOUS!
Time sure flies a lot faster once you have bambinos, doesn't it?!
Happy 2nd Birthday to Mara!
xOxOxO