I love the winter. Really. I figure if I live in Utah I better like it, and if I don't I better learn to like it or my life is going to be miserable. I made that decision a long time ago. I have learned to really enjoy the snow and cold. It means I get to snuggle, drink hot chocolate, not get scared at night walking from my car to my front door because the sky is white (I know I'm not the only one...right?), watch Mara play in the snow, and overall just enjoy a change of pace.
However, this winter has really gotten to me. I try so hard to like it, but I just can't. I say all of those things in my mind that have made so much sense before, but this year it's just not working for me! I am so tired of being cold. I am so tired of sitting inside. I am so tired of the ugliness I'm surrounded by.
The other day I finally figured out why it's been bad this year. There hasn't been any snow! I think we've only had to shovel our walkway about three times. If it's going to be cold, there better be a reason! That reason for me is snow. Cold+wet+nosnow=depressedBrittani.
I'm glad it's almost March. Even though I know there's a chance we could get a blizzard in June, I feel like the end is almost near! I just wish I would've found my cure for the winter blues a little sooner. Do you want to know what it is? I went tanning today for the first time in years (okay, I'm not sure it's been years but it has been an incredibly long time). The most amazing thing happened while I was there. I still haven't quite figured out what it was, but whatever it was worked! Feeling the "sun" made me burst out of the winter blues. My skin feels absolutely fantastic having seen the "sun", and I feel SO good!!!! So I recommend that anyone out there suffering from the terrible winter blues try it! I promise it will make a world of a difference!
6 comments:
I guess I need to go tanning asap then! I am SO sick of this winter!
Tanning sounds so nice right now haha I am pasty white! I'm enjoying the cold though because I'm super hot so I'm just glad I'm not pregnant in the heat of summer!
You know I'm with you on this one! The only difference is I don't enjoy winter for one second! I would love to live somewhere warm year round. But, I love my family too much to move! Tanning sounds nice right about now!
Hey, I love your new blog design! It's sooooo Brittani!!! Love it!
And I do have to say that sun is way under-rated! I have spring fever too! The kids are super excited too. Natalie noticed our tulips popping up and you would have thought it was a surprise party for her, cuz of the way she acted! So funny! So glad you feel better!
oh i really want to go tanning im having the blues as well but i dont think that would be good for the lil baby in my tummy! :(
I just thought I'd tell you that when I checked your blog today, my K9 protection thingy popped up and said that your page was determined 'suspicious' haha, that gave me the giggles. I have checked here tons, I don't know why it all of the sudden warned! Weird, but good for a laugh anyways!
Post a Comment