I've been praying for help with my weaknesses lately. The biggest one is a lack of patience. I see some moms out there who can see the joy in the little moments, and laugh through the hard stuff! I wish I was one of those moms! I get way too caught up in the bedtime routine to enjoy the cuddles. I feel overwhelmed with 2 littles climbing all over me all day long that I don't realize it's just because they love me.
Tonight shortly after I tucked the kids in bed I heard giggles. I went to investigate. I found Mara in Logan's crib. Normally I would've taken her out, spanked her bottom, and told her not to do it again and left the room with both kids crying. Instead, I saw how darn cute they looked all cuddled up together. Their little heads peeking out from under the blankets. Instead of immediately picking Mara up, I asked her why she got in the crib. She told me, "Logan was sad, and wanted Mara. He even said Mara." How can you get mad at that? I decided to get out the camera and record that cute brother sister moment instead. After the pictures we cuddled some more, I told her that she shouldn't do that again, or next time she would get a spanking (judge me, I don't care), tucked them both back in, and left the room feeling better than I did before I went in there. Wasn't that the better choice? I'm so grateful I was able to enjoy the moment! I've still got a looooong way to go, but hey-it's progress!

1 comment:
I think you're a great mom :) cute kids hehe
Post a Comment