Thursday, January 24, 2008

What the Pneumonia?

SAD DAY! Sean has Pneumonia!!! This afternoon when his temperature reached 102.5 I convinced him it was time to go to the Doctor. Of course that was at 4:00pm, so their office was closing in an hour. They scheduled us an appointment with the on-call doctor for 6:45pm. On the way to the office I say, "hey, at least with the after hours clinic we probably won't have to wait for long cause no one will be there!" Boy did I eat my words...An HOUR and TWENTY MINUTES later they called us back...geez, what is up with the wait at the American Fork Clinic?? That's besides my point...so we think he probably has Strep Throat. He has all the symptoms. Even the nurse says she'd bet money that it was strep. The Dr. comes in only to tell us that the test is negative! He starts checking Sean out, you know the whole let me look in your throat, ears, etc...he looks in his throat and says, "well, for not having strep you definately score in the top 5 nastiest throats I've seen all week." When he checks his heart and lungs I see a look of concern come across his face. He sends us to get a chest x-ray.

While I'm waiting there all I can think is, "thank Heavens for Health Insurance!!!"

It turns out his lungs were full of gunk. Poor Sean. He never gets sick, I mean never. But when he does get sick, it's the real deal. Mono, Pneumonia...geez. So we race over to the pharmacy which closes in fifteen minutes (yes, we didn't leave the office until 8:45pm. Remember our appointment was at 6:45pm...) and pick up all his prescriptions. TWO different anitbiotics, and a cough medicine. He can't keep anything down, but he's suppose to pump his body full of all these things? The Dr. told him he needed to take a total of SIX pills tonight, plus the cough medicine, plus ibuprophen for the fever! I was so worried that he'd take them and then get sick..but guess what? They're already working!! He is passed out cold! I'm sure it helps that the cough medicine has hydrocodon in it (i can't spell sorry...). He hasn't slept for two days straight, so I'm glad he finally is! Now maybe I can get some sleep too!!!

Sean has taken such awesome care of me during this eventful pregnancy. Seriously, he's been awesome! I'm so glad that I get to return the favor. Don't get me wrong, I wish he wasn't sick, but at least I can take care of him for a change! Now lets all just pray that I don't get sick!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I found your blog site on Facebook and I'm so glad because I love to blog but I don't have many friends who do! Your page is so cute! I'm sorry that Sean is so sick...hopefully he gets better soon. Are you ready for the baby to come?