I haven't been on her in a while, so I thought I should do a little update. It won't have any pictures because I'm too lazy right now, but I'll put some up later I promise.
The greatest thing? Sean graduated from the Corrections Academy and is now an official Corrections Officer. I'm very proud of him. He is always trying to do what is best for out little family and right now, this is what is! He is now doing on the job training that will last until October, then he will get assigned to a place and get his regular shift. Right now he works Mon-Fri 6am-2pm. He got the Athletic Achievement award (I'm pretty sure I'm not calling it the right word, but he's in bed so I'll correct it later if I'm wrong) in his class, which is pretty hard to get. He worked really hard for it, and I'm proud of him!
Mara is getting so big!! She will be 6 months old tomorrow, so I thought I should blog about all the fun things she does now, and all the milestones in her life thus far.
She can/is/has:
*Sit up by herself and play for as long as she wants. I say that because a lot of people consider sitting up to be for like two seconds, I consider my child a sitter when they can sit for as long as the feel like without falling over. Meaning, she has mastered the skill.
*Eating rice cereal, applesause, pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, and prunes.
*had many haircuts already. Her hair grows like a weed! But I won't let any child of mine grow a mullet!
* makes noises that sound more like words than babbles. Such as, mama, dada, and baba. No, I do not think she is talking, I know she isn't saying mom and dad on purpose, but it's cute to watch her language skills already developing.
*discovered a little bit of a sense of humor. She thinks the funniest thing in the whole world is when Mommy whacks dad on the head with a stuffed animal!! :)
*gets very distraught if Sean is trying to tickle me and I'm screaming. It's sad! So we make sure not to anymore in front of her.
*is now sick for the millionth time! Geez, poor little girl! She has a cold which unfortunately at 6 months old is not her first, it's more like her third. Fortunately she is now old enough to give her vapor baths and baby vapor rub to help her. She still hates getting suctioned and I still hate doing it, but she seems to understand it a little better now. Like that she can breathe better afterwards so it's ok...ish!
*Still wears mostly 3 month clothes, but fits into some 6 month things.
*just loves to "sing" during the hymns at church. She gets all worked up during them just a babbeling super loud (mom & dad are, so why shouldn't she? :) ) unfortunately she hasn't yet learned to stop when we do...
*Today at the grocery store she sat up in the cart like a big girl, instead of laying on her head in her seat. (whenever I'd put her seat up on the cart like you see, I couldn't see over her to steer it unless she was tilted...she mostly ended up in her seat in the basket of the cart, but then there was no where to put the stuff....so we were very happy today when she just chilled in there like a big girl!)
*is more content to just play by herself at times so I can actually work on all my projects. She has always loved to lay on a blanket and play by herself, but if I wasn't right there watching her, she'd get annoyed.
*loves our dog Babe. I say our dog, but really I mean Sean's dog as a kid. We take Babe on walks with us, and let her run in the side yard with us while we play on the swing set with Mara, and she giggles everytime Babe runs past her.
5 comments:
Tell Sean congratulations! Im happy for you guys! I loved your inspiring story. Don't worry the "warm fuzzies" never happen to me either. Mara is so old! Just kidding, i just cant believe that she is 6 months old. It seems like yesterday you called me to tell me you were pregnant. Lets get together soon, dont hesitate to drop a line.
Thanks for the update! I am so glad you shared your experience about the Spirit influencing your lives. I am glad that your family has been blessed because you are in tune. I am so surprised that Mara is already six months old! So fun!
That is great he got such a secure job!
And tell him CONGRAT'S on that award! Most people don't understand the physical test that those guys have to pass in order to be hired! My dad actually won it from his class- even though he was the oldest out of them all!
I'm glad things are going well for you guys cause you truly deserve it!
xOxOxO
Congrats Britt, I'm so glad things are going so well for you. We are so blessed to be members of the church...Little mara is one cute baby.
Nice update! Sounds like all is well with the Evans family! Miss you!
Post a Comment