Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Brooke's Baby Shower

On Saturday Melissa and I threw Brooke a baby shower.  It was tons of fun!  Thanks to everyone who came.  It turned out great.  Just a few pictures of the food, the pregnant lady, and the after party.  

Towards the end of the shower I went to angle the umbrella at the food table so it would shade the food better.  Well, the wind caught it and clamped my finger in it.  I couldn't pull it out, so I finally realized I could push the button and have it release...OUCH!  But I didn't swear or cry so I was pretty proud of myself.  It did swell up super huge though!  It also bruised pretty good too.

A little while after that Melissa sliced her finger on a dish she shattered!  The dish happened to be one we purchased for Brandon's first wedding...so we kept teasing her that she did it on purpose. :)  I took her to the instacare and everything worked out.  But it's a pretty funny story!

Anyways, we are SUPER EXCITED to meet little miss Lizzie!  She'll be arriving June 18th via scheduled induction.  Aren't us Miller girls lucky?  We get to see our babies at least two weeks early!  I say lucky because I'm working on being more positive...


Also-does anyone have any weight loss suggestions for me?  I'm trying to lose weight but haven't been very lucky...Pleas help!!

12 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

P90X is literally amazing. You have to have the drive to do it though- which is a little rough.

I know lots of people don't agree with the HCG diet (shots or drops)- but my sister in law, mother in law and father in law have all done it and lost TONS of weight super fast...like 20 lbs in two weeks. Let me know if you have any questions!

Shanna said...

You're such a good part thrower her food table looked like one for a wedding! I can't believe you all and your kids :) I have to agree with the previous comments on P90x and a ton of my family lost weight on the HCG thing.
P.S I found your blog! Such a cute family
-Shanna

Penn and Kass said...

That is so weird to see Brooke pregnant! How exciting for her!

Shawn and Jessica Webb said...

I don't think that I knew that she was your sister. CUTE! I was friends with her in high school too. Brit, we need to get together one of these days and catch up! I haven't seen you in soo long!!

Kaylee said...

I agree with the p90X. i have it and it kicks my butt everytime! But I love it. It gives you a great work out and works muscles you never thought you had! :) good luck brit! you can do it!

Atryell said...

I cant believe she is having a baby! Holy moly! how exciting! Zack has been doing p90x and he is getting pretty buff and in shape plus you can do it in your own home which is nice I would recommend it I am going to do it when I get this child out haha!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Brooke looks so much like Angie! Super cute! Wish we could have been there!

Stephanie Peay said...

Sorry I missed it! It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Monica said...

That food sure looks good haha isn't it crazy seeing your little sister pregnant? It's crazy for me to see mine. Makes me feel so old!

Ash & Paul said...

looks like everyone has suggested P90x :) that is what I was going to tell ya as well. That or Slim in 6. I used to do a little of both, kinda switch off.

Hilary and Adam said...

Oh my gosh Brooke! I can't believe she is all grown up and almost a mom! I seriously can't believe it. So crazy. As for the weight loss thing, Valery just went on HCG to lose her baby weight and it slid right off of her. I make fun of them because it's like duh, of course if you only eat 500 calories a day, you'll lose weight. But it really does seem to work. I LOVE P90X too, or just get out and take your little kiddos for walks! Wish we could go together :(

Todd, Kendra and Carson said...

Darn! I wish we could've come down for the shower. Looks like it was fun minus the accidents.